For the beginning of 2023, I have decided to collect a series of small things that make life worth living from the nonfiction title “14,000 Things To Be Happy About: The Happy Book” by Barbara Ann Kipfer because the book celebrates things that makes us smile; my copy now features a lot of highlighted phrases because I wanted to emphasize the things that I relate to the most and that are very meaningful to me.
It is a book I recommend to anyone (I own the paperback edition and it is nice to be able to carry it around with me and open a random page that reminds me of something that makes me feel joyful); we will not get to relate to every single sentence included in the book because every person is different and no one has the same experiences. Nevertheless, it makes us think about ourselves as individuals, reflect on who we are, who we have been, and who we will become.
I have created a list of 140 things from “14,000 Things” that mean the most to me; I invite you to read the book and choose the parts that make you smile the most and that resonate with your own lives.
Happy New Year 2023!
- the art of candymaking;
- keeping on nodding terms with the person you used to be;
- bringing beauty and meaning into others’ lives;
- getting a really good haircut;
- the pure joy of the sun;
- your favorite airport;
- popcorn at the movies;
- part of you always being a child;
- aerial views;
- New York City;
- a lively conversation between plants;
- pantry shelves loaded with jars of fruit;
- absorbing nature’s blessings;
- learning a new sport;
- Starbucks caramel macchiato;
- taking a refresher course;
- sponge baths;
- an inspiration board;
- watching an old Nora Ephron movie;
You must be logged in to post a comment.